There are so many reasons I believe photographers should outsource their editing. It’s hard for me to narrow it down to just a few. But for the sake of brevity, I will try.
But first this caveat. I do not write this post for self-serving purposes. I am not looking for clients. My client list has been completely booked for over 3 years.
I truly am writing this post help photographers out there who are losing their lives behind a computer screen. Is that you? Then please keep reading.
Don’t wait another day to get your life back! Outsourcing your editing allows you to do what you love, without sacrificing what you love most. TIME! After all, it is your most valuable commodity!
Reasons to Outsource Your Photo Editing
- HEALTHY BALANCE: When you outsource your photo editing, it gives your life wiggle room. It allows you to have a healthy balance between work and living. Hiring a private photo editor will give you time to do the things you love most! i.e. going to your kids soccer game, having a drink with friends, taking a bubble bath, etc.
- CONSISTENCY: Do you crave consistency in your images and art? Then stop spending countless hours editing and re-editing your galleries and send them to an expert. Matching your style, is all an editor does. You could say, it’s their area of expertise. Hiring a photo editor ensures your galleries will have a consistent, cohesive look to them.
- QUICKER: Would you believe if I told you that hiring a photo editor will give you faster turn-around times? It’s true. Hiring a photo editor enables you to always meet your deadlines and even shorten your turn-around-times.
- BETTER EXPERIENCE: Because your time is not consumed with editing, you will be able to give your clients a quality experience, which in-turn, will build your business!
- LOVE: You became a photographer to create art and to serve others by preserving their most treasured memories. But it can sometimes feel like you are so busy doing other thing (i.e. editing) that you rarely get to shoot anymore. And when you do it’s stressful and lacks the joy it once held for you. Hiring a photo editor will allow you to love you job again because it gives you the creative space you need as an artist. And will give you your life back!
I have been an editor for over 6 years. And I have seen outsourcing change so many lives in so many life changing ways.
And because of that, if it were possible, I would try and convince every photographer to start outsourcing their editing. I promise you, you will never look back. DOn’t wait another day to get your life back!
If you found this helpful, I have many tutorials on my You Tube Channel where you will find weekly Lightroom editing tips and shortcuts. Be sure and SUBSCRIBE so you’ll never miss them. And please share this with a friend who also loves to edit!
If you have any questions at all about becoming a photo editor CLICK HERE, If you have editing questions, never hesitate to reach out. I am always here to help. DM me on Instagram @alisamccormick and let’s chat! I am an open book and love to help others grow on their editing journeys.